Palm oil deforestation has reduced orangutan populates by an estimated 74% since 1973.
We asked the consumer panel OpinionHive about cosmetic products they thought contained palm oil and their likelihood of changing their purchase behaviour based on this knowledge.
We investigated how easy it is to spot ingredients people are allergic to or if cosmetic products contain palm oil. We also asked them about clear labelling, sustainability and how palm oil influences their decisions to stop buying products.
The free to download fact sheet includes a summary of the research, also available is the full research report and data tables with cross breaks for demographics including: Gender, Age (5 bands), Government Office Region. Household Income, Education Age, Employment Status, Marital Status and Tenure.
Data tables include:
- Summary report
- Full report including breakdown by age, gender and region
- Excel tables with cross breaks for all questions and demographics
- Cosmetic Products which contain palm oil
- Palm oil free products
- Changing purchase behaviour
- Identifying palm oil in labelling
- Cosmetic allergy ingredients